Even though misdemeanor offenses are considered “less serious” than felony offenses, they can still carry large fines and imprisonment.
Mullaney & Mullaney aggressively defends people who are facing misdemeanor charges. If you have been arrested on Misdemeanor charges, please contact us for a free consultation. Misdemeanor charges can often be challenged successfully by an experienced criminal defense attorney.
At Mullaney & Mullaney, our vast courtroom experience and knowledge of the law allows us to effectively defend people facing misdemeanor charges, such as:
- Retail Theft Offenses
- Theft Offenses
- Simple Assault Offenses
- Terroristic Threat Offenses
- Harassment Offenses
- Criminal Mischief & Disorderly Conduct Offenses
- Prostitution & Solicitation Offenses
- Misdemeanor drug offenses
- Corruption of Minors Offenses
- Endangering Welfare of Children Offenses
A criminal record can damage a person’s reputation for years. Most states define misdemeanors as crimes punishable by a maximum jail term of up to one year, but Pennsylvania may impose longer sentences. Misdemeanors are categorized in Pennsylvania as follows:
- Misdemeanor of the third degree can lead to one year of imprisonment
- Misdemeanor of the second degree is punishable by two years in prison
- Misdemeanor of the first degree may result in prison time of up to five years
- Depending on aggravating circumstances and prior convictions, misdemeanor convictions can include community service, large fines, or other penalties.
We will defend you against misdemeanor charges
At Mullaney & Mullaney, we carefully examine each charge, checking first to ensure that the police or prosecutors did not violate our clients’ constitutional rights. We will review all facts to determine if probable cause existed for an arrest and that all evidence was properly gathered.
After evaluating the evidence to identify any pretrial issues, we will determine the best arguments to defend our clients, examine the credibility of witnesses, and investigate any extenuating circumstances that may have legally justified our clients’ actions.
We have extensive experience defending many misdemeanor cases and have proven results including reduced or dropped charges. If you need our services, please contact us immediately at (610) 584-4416.